Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenlemon
Level 7

Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

A few days ago I bought a TCL 55S425 Roku tv, upgrading from my TCL 49S405 Roku tv. Ever since setting up my new 55 inch, the speaker it is connected to randomly will emit a loud popping/crack noise. It happens for a brief second, and it will repeat probably every 20-40 minutes. I have my 55inch connected to a Woburn speaker using a aux cord using the headphone output. My 49inch TCL was setup the exact same way to my speaker, and never once did I experience the pop/cracking noise that I do now. I made sure that my 55inch is updated fully, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. I also turned the audio to stereo instead of auto-detect. This is very frustating, my older tv had no issues with the setup.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

First question: have you tried a different cable between the TV and the speaker? Wires can fail. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Greenlemon
Level 7

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

I can try but like I said, I changed my setup with the new tv 2 days ago, I highly doubt the wire broke during that time when it wasn’t moved.
0 Kudos