Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio Popping Sound on TCL Roku Tv

Jump to solution

Omg thank you!! Fixed the problem for me!!😁

bouncdchk

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting this..

I turned on my TV this morning and got the popping sound.  Nothing I did fixed it until I read your message.

After I hit the hard reset button on the back of the TV the popping is gone..  Hopefully it stays that way..

0 Kudos
Ianmlentz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried every fix listed on this forum and nothing has worked. I ended up emailing TCL customer support and they requested video of the popping sounds. After emailing back and forth for around a month they agreed to send a technician out to repair my TV. The repair company called me and I missed it. When I called back they introduced themselves as a Vizio company. Weird right?

What really bugs me is that this is not an isolated incident that can be repaired with a simple software update.  Also weird.

Anyways, the tech is coming out tomorrow and I’ll let you know what happens. 

0 Kudos
Kmich2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What did the tech say the problem was?

0 Kudos
Epecoraro

Jump to solution

FIXED IT! We’ve had two sets of surround speakers that plug into the audio out and both have made the popping sound. I assumed it was bad speakers the first go round but the second time I figured out it was the TV. Unhooked all external speakers and I’ve lost all sound even from internal speakers. I’ve tried all of the different tricks but the RESET button was the solution! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kmich2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not a mfg issue. It is a TCL issue. Only occurs when using sound through a receiver. No sound issues on the previous Samsung. May need to switch back and return the TCL and purchase a Samsung,

0 Kudos
MikeHouse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, this fixed my issue. However, ive had the leveling mode on since I got the TV and out of no where it started crackling today. Kind of strange 🤔 

0 Kudos
donjpierce

Jump to solution

Fixed it beautifully for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5Boettcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The reset button worked perfectly! I had turned the "leveling" to off but all sound was super quiet. I had to turn up the volume almost half way just to hear the dialogue and then the action and music scenes were super loud. I pressed the reset button in the back and all volume is back to normal and leveling is in again so the dialogue and action scenes are level as they were before the static began.

0 Kudos
adandrews

Jump to solution

Fixed! Have had my tv 1 year and just today it started crackling. I turned leveling "off", as suggested and the crackling is gone! It must have always been on this setting so it is odd that the crackling just started but I'm relieved for the fix!