Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alcochiro

Audio HDMI arc not working after update

Our 1 year old Onn Roku television was recently updated on 10/31 to the 12.5 system. ( Has been working flawlessly until now with a sound bar connected to HDMI arch ) Nov 1st we noticed we couldn’t get audio through anything no matter what unless we back to TV speakers, which by the way sucks!
So, we assumed our sound bar had quit working. ( Hooked up to another TV Roku by the way, and works great so not the sound bar) Went and purchased a new one, with the same results, nothing on the recently updated TV.

We have reset, unplugged, changed cords, we’ve done it all. It still doesn’t work! So let’s no go there.

It’s clearly you update.

Roku what’s the answer, fix it! Revert my TV to pre 12.5 and leave it alone.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Gatorgogo
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio HDMI arc not working after update

Alcochiro -

I have the same issue.

I just purchased a brand new Roku Ultra LT (4801RW) and after the firmware update (12.5.0 Build 4178-DE) I can't get any sound out of my soundbar (Yamaha) that is connected through an HDMI Arc port on the TV.

I connected the 4801RW to another TV that didn't have a soundbar and just had the speakers in the TV  and the sound worked fine.

I was using a Roku 4670X, so I re-installed it on the TV with the ARC HDMI soundbar and it is working fine.  The Roku 4870X is using Firmware 12.5.0 Build 4178-46. 

So it appears to be some sort of bug with the latest 12.5.0 firmware version on the 4801RW.

I'll wait a little while to see if Roku comes out with a fix.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Alcochiro @Gatorgogo!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below to better assess the situation. We'll find the root cause of this occurring issue and will provide you with an accurate resolution. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Model of the soundbar that is connected to your streaming player.

We'll be anticipating your responses!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gatorgogo
Channel Surfer

Here's the information you requested:

Roku LT Information:

Model 4801RW - Roku Ultra

Serial Number X01000TDWVKK

Software Version 12.5.0 Build 4178-DE

Device ID SODD333DWVKK

Tracker ID KK-458-703

Yamaha Sound Bar Information:

Model Number - SR-B20A

Connection to TV is through HDMI Cable to ARC HDMI Port on the TV

TV Information:

Samsung

Model Code - UN50NU6900BXZA

Version No: DB02 /UNU7090

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Gatorgogo.

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the requested details precisely! Rest assured, we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this.  

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gatorgogo
Channel Surfer

I just re-tested the Ultra-LT and didn't see any change to the Firmware in the Roku. (Still was at 12.5.0 Build 4178-DE). 

There is still no sound output from the sound bar either.

For now, I just have my older Roku Ultra installed and the soundbar works fine. 

I need to decide if I should just return the Roku-LT or continue to wait for Roku to correct the problem.

Is there any way to know when Roku will have a fix available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Corleg
Reel Rookie

I'm also having the same issue, restarted tv, swapped cables, no change, hdmi port itself still works when used as an input. Cec list refreshed and soundbar works when used with an optical cable. But hdmi arc still says inactive

Model: 7134x - Roku TV, Serial number: YN00XV992505 (J7905X992505), Software version: 12.5.0 - build 4176-30, GC version: 10.3.24, Timestamp: 2023-12-04T22:57:28Z, Issue id: 05-486-657

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Corleg,

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community and thanks for sharing your experience about this issue.

In addition, to the information you have provided could you also share with us the serial number of your soundbar connected to it?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corleg
Reel Rookie

TCL ALTO 8e Model Number: TS8132, Serial Number: TTL2149010631

0 Kudos
Gatorgogo
Channel Surfer

It's been 6 months and today I reinstalled my Roku Ultra LT (4801RW) and updated the Roku Firmware and I still don't get any sound out of my soundbar (Yamaha) that is connected through an HDMI Arc port on the TV.

I'll reconnect my older Roku Ultra back up and try again once OS13 is out. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.