Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHESADIVA2

Re: Are the stands supposed to be loose

This isn't true. I've had this tv for years and it's still the same. It doesn't take a genius to screw them in until they are tight and won't go any further. Even after hitting a hard stop and they seem to be in there all the way when you finish the legs are still wobbly. It's almost like the screws are too short not allowing it to stay flat to the tv. I think this is the issue everyone here is having. I decided to bring my tv to the family room so that I could enjoy the apps on it but unfortunately, I need to sit it on a tv stand but it keeps leaning. Looks like the leg is now cracked from the tv wobbling in the past. I guess the only option is to get longer screws or spend money to mount it to the wall or a tv stand where I can mount it.

Sublimin711
Reel Rookie

I just purchased the 50" roku TV from Best buy and the screws were unbelievably tight for the pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the TV. I ended up practically stripping all four screws just trying to tighten them enough to make the TV legs stable. 

It feels like the manufacturer cheaped out on the screws and packaged ones with a slightly different spec

BB71

Hello!  I just purchased a Roku 43” TV. I’m having the same problem with the legs that were provided to hold the TV. Even screwed in tightly, they still rock back and forth. In addition, the TV, when standing on the legs, leans forward. What can be done about this? I like the TV, but the problem with the kegs makes it unsafe. Is there a solution, or should I be returning it to the store?

BB71

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BB71,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please be advised that if your stand is loose, it's a clear indication that there was a mistake during installation. You must go over the installation again and make sure you follow the instructions exactly and systematically.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jus911
Reel Rookie

I disagree that it's an installation problem.  Either the screws are too short or the holes for the screws aren't deep enough.

Sublimin711
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

I did make sure to follow the instructions, and on the instructions it just says to screw the screws in the pre-drilled holes. The screws clearly don't fit those holes. 

Maybe someone on your side could test?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jus911 @Sublimin711,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
Please be advised that if the screws do not fit in the holes on your stand, we suggest that you might need to go to the physical store where you bought the Roku TV so you can request screws that will fit with your stands.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlhilly14

@RokyDoky Thank you for this comment. I noticed everyone on this thread asking but never gave a solution until you and then no one kudos you. So I did. Your solution helped my husband and I out when we needed it most. Hats off to you kind stranger ❤️

0 Kudos
rawnsley

Mijilly14 or @RikyDoky, can you share the solution again?  I see everyone asking the question but don't see any responses to the questions.  I am having the same problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
rawnsley

wrong tag, @RokyDoky 

0 Kudos