Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReginaRLE

Binge watching

Jump to solution

We like to binge watch.  However, after a certain amount of time, our tv will put up a menu on the bottom of our tv with a 15 second count down.  If we are not quick enough, it will put our Roku back to the main screen.  How do I turn that feature off?  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Binge watching

Jump to solution

@ReginaRLE 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What you are seeing is the Bandwidth Saver feature. To toggle this feature, go to Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver > Off.

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Re: Are You Still Watching? - How can I stream longer than 4 hours on Roku TV?

Jump to solution

I discovered a Roku channel that stays on indefinitely! It's Tubi. I just click on something in a category listed and it is still going when I get home 10+ hours later. So my parrots get to watch cartoons all day instead of being bored after the first 4 hours when YouTube shuts off 😃

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@KMiler 

You obviously have the bandwidth saver off.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
KMiler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@boogernose Yep, old news 😉

0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

Re: How can I Stream longer than 4 hours

Jump to solution

My bandwidth saver worked for one day... it is checked and the Roku Never Shuts Off.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KMW wrote:

My bandwidth saver worked for one day... it is checked and the Roku Never Shuts Off.  

Before anything else, I'd power cycle (reboot) the Roku and see if it resumes working. I've seen software in the past (not specifically Roku) that a setting would appear to be enabled, but it didn't work until it was rebooted. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:
, but it didn't work until it was rebooted. 

Yup....often.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
EVPons

Jump to solution

I’ve barely had the TV on for two hours and already I have received the annoying "are you still watching?" pop up message. Let me state, as plainly as possible, that I HATE this "feature."  Whoever thought up this "bandwidth saving 'feature'" is an IDIOT. Thank you. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@EVPons wrote:

I’ve barely had the TV on for two hours and already I have received the annoying "are you still watching?" pop up message. Let me state, as plainly as possible, that I HATE this "feature."  Whoever thought up this "bandwidth saving 'feature'" is an IDIOT. Thank you. 

Then turn it off. No one says you have to leave it enabled. It's in the Network settings. Some users are extremely grateful that Roku added the feature. It doesn't matter to me, but to some users it's important. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos