Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps will not open on my Hisense roku TV

Hi, @Loren2

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to ask few more questions to understand the issue better. What channels are inaccessible with your Roku TV? Also, what brand is your Roku TV? Furthermore, what steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having an issue with the apps opening, and then arbitrarily kicking you out.  This never happens if I am watching Roku app. What's the fix because I'd like to see what I paid for.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Boomernbusted

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to collect more information for us to assist further. Could you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel/s does the issue occur? Also, what version/build is the channel/s? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My apps won't open either and I tried re-booting both the TV and the router.  I am in WA state.  My apps have worked well up until yesterday night (12/26/23).

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hailatlantis,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem opening your apps on your Roku device. Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? If yes, kindly try to connect it with a hotspot to see if the issue persists.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qmccreagh

I have been having the same issue with my Roku Hisense TV where Netflix will play literally one thing and then it will arbitrarily stop. If I attempt to reengage Netflix immediately it won't play at all. If I play the very first thing that Netflix pops up with then it will play just fine but if I have to pick anything it won't do it. I uninstalled Netflix and then reinstalled it. Same issue occurs. More importantly this appears I've also happened to my Paramount Plus app on my TV, where I attempted to play a movie and it would not play, despite being current on my memberships with all of these apps. There's something fundamentally wrong with the Hisense Roku TV. Earlier tonight while I was simply trying to change the volume on my TV my peacock app kicked me out of watching the NFL wildcard game. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @qmccreagh,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to investigate this issue further. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptops, computer) What is the current software version of your Roku TV by going to settings, system, and about?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Acortes

Did u get any help 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Acortes,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos