Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie8410
Reel Rookie

App shows my roku TV but can't connect

Our TCL Roku TV shows up on devices on the app but it can't find it. It also tells me the TV is off and to turn it back on and retry....and the TV was never off. I've tried rebooting everything. It worked once when I unplugged and plugged the TV back in but the next time I went to use the remote it didn't work and couldn't find it again.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App shows my roku TV but can't connect

Hi @Annie8410,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details, can you please provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Annie8410
Reel Rookie

Hi, I open up the Roku app and it says connect to a device. so I click on the TCL Living Room for our TV and it just keeps searching and searching. On the TCL Living room it says "wake this device". It times out from searching and then a thing pops up and says roku tv powered off. Turn on your RV and try again. Well...the  TV is not off. I hit retry and it just starts the searching timer again. That's about all I can tell you.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Annie8410,

Thanks for the response. We appreciate the clarification provided.

The Roku mobile app provides various controls over your devices. It is also an alternative if you don't have a physical remote. Note that in order for the Roku mobile app to work, it needs to be connected to the same network as where your device is connected. Often times, a simple restart can help fix the problem. Restart your Roku TV, and then quit or close and reopen the Roku app on your mobile phone.

You may also refer to this article for further assistance: How to use the Roku® mobile app to control your Roku device without a remote.

Let us know if the suggested options above help you out!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos