Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveB69
Reel Rookie

App for NHL live game streaming

I live in Canada and have a Roku tv.  I would like to know of an app that will let us watch live NHL games.  The NHL app is not working, it wont start.  Does anyone know of another app that can use?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App for NHL live game streaming

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @DaveB69!

Thanks for raising your concern about the playback issue you've been having with the NHL app on your Roku TV. We'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution for this.

As a troubleshooting procedure, have you tried to remove the app, perform a system restart, and then reinstall the app again? If not, we highly recommend it. 

To remove the channel, navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star* key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. (We need to make sure that this troubleshooting procedure has been done precisely to work.)

Furthermore, there are other available apps on the Roku streaming platform that offer live streaming of NHL games through ESPN, YouTube TV, DIRECTTV STREAM, Sling TV, etc. Visit our official Roku Blog on Where to stream NHL games.

Let us know what you find out. We look forward to continuing to assist you with your further queries. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveB69
Reel Rookie

I have done all that.  Also I already havw Disney+, Discovery+ and some others.  I just would Like an app for NHL games nothing more.  I also live in Canada and those others are for USA only.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaveB69,

Thanks for the update!

We would recommend getting in contact with the channel support team to ask for additional help about this. Roku only holds the channels available on the platform.

You can contact them here at NHL Support or at (855) 438-0681.

Let us know if they're able to resolve this for you. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos