ranvealiu

Anyone have trouble with sound?

Specifically on TV series the voices are very deep and somewhat distorted (mainly watch Amazon Prime). Doesn't seem to happen when I watch from an external usb. Anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Anyone have trouble with sound?

Hi @ranvealiu,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about an audio issue on your Roku device.  Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Videos or all channels on your Roku device?
  2. If the issue only happens on one channel, have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  3. During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue?
  4. Are you using an audio/video receiver of any sort in your home setup? Is your device connected directly to the receiver, or to your TV?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I have no sound at all. even when restarting roku makes its little noise is absent. I had  sound earlier but not now. Tried restarting several times, main unit reboot for thirty seconde , checked all setting which all look normal. pressed star optional button. What ever it is I am having trouble finding it.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @belmontuser

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

-What Roku model device are you using? What kind of cables/cords are you using to connect to your TV?
-Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?

We also recommend starting to troubleshoot audio issues: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos