Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inverness

All the apps on Roku TV getting crashed

We have Hisense Roku TV

Following apps are keeps crashing.

Youtube

Netflix

Prime Video

Spectrum

We did factory reset..No luck..

Please help.

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All the apps on Roku TV getting crashed

@Inverness 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your Roku TV starts up again, add the channels back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

As a last resort, we would recommend removing the channels that you are having issues with, then trying to perform a factory reset on your TV. Then once your TV has been set back up, try adding the channels back to see if the issue is resolved.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Bridges10

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

I have tried deleting the apps and reinstalling, factory reset and restarting my Roku box, but the apps keeps crashing or (“exiting on its own”). Nothing is working also remote keeps disconnecting its self from box.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bridges10

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phroggyme

I’m having the same problem on my tcl roku tv. It freezes and shuts down, and it also kicks me completely off of my internet and won’t pick up my wifi, the whole rest of the house uses the same wifi and none of the other TVs do this

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Phroggyme

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Does the issue only occur when you access a specific channel or regardless of the channels installed on your Roku TV?

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting steps: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet? | Official Roku Support
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kyles7971
Reel Rookie

So I just bought a new hisnese roku TV yesterday. Today what will happen is if I open hulu volume works fine, as soon as I play something the volume stops working. It will make the sound but won't respond and then closes the app on its own. This is a brand new TV I don't understand why this is happening. Any answers would be very helpful. Thanks!

Mcmillanjaney
Reel Rookie

I have been having the same issues with all my roku tvs and devices. It constantl Crashes If we can even get something started

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kyles7971 @Mcmillanjaney,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Does the issue only occur on Hulu or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? If it's just one channel, we would recommend removing the affected channel then reinstall it. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku TV before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kyles7971
Reel Rookie

Hi there, unfortunately it is every single app that does this. If it loads at all as soon as I press the volume up or down it crashes. I have another roku TV in my living room and it works fine. This is a not even week old TV. Wondering if I should return it? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!!