Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyles7971
Reel Rookie

Re: All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

We're you able to figure it out??

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for following up, @Kyles7971

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Do yourself a favor and return the tv. I am 6 months into owning mine the problem never gets better it doesn't fix itself you are just stuck. Get rid of the TV while you still have a chance. 

kd4pba

This actually speaks louder to tv manufacturing and the disregard for customers. TCL and others are year 1 disposable. 

Roku knows the truth.  There is massive talk about class action lawsuits and investigation.  Many devices simply don't have enough resources to run the Roku OS yet they sell and market it anyway. 

We no longer live in a world of honest companies.  Roku and TCL as well as others could care less.  There is no fix for this other than trash it where it belongs and go buy a TV with better resources and skip Roku as apparently it has a hard time with any hardware.  Probably comes from them not understanding the Linux kernel and forcing everyone to write java applications that are littered with memory leaks

I threw mine away last night. Good riddance. Never again never Roku 

1FineArtst
Reel Rookie

I have had my Sharp Roku TV for 3 years and mine started crashing apps about 2 months ago.  Frustrating as .^#|*+!   It’s nonsense and Roku gives every person on here who brings up the same complaint the same advice- Yes advice, the same wild goose chase.. they provide no answer, no cause, and no fix. It’s quite obvious they have no clue to what’s going on. In my case I unplug my TV and re-plug it in to get it to stop, sometimes I even go as far as resetting my router and unplugging my TV. It seems however  it’s the TV that’s the problem and not my Internet, because most of the time unplugging my TV and turning it back on fixes the issue, for a few days at least. Once it starts doing it again It will shut off the app consistently and continuously until I unplug the tv again. I don’t have the money to buy a new 60 inch TV. Roku better get this fixed or I’ll be one of the first in line to get in on any legal action. This is ridiculous.

Mcmillanjaney
Reel Rookie

Smiley SadAfter uninstalling and reinstalling the apps worked for a week or two. We have roku TVs and rokus. I followed the advice and I lost my YouTube tv because once I uninstalled and reinstalled YouTube is no longer on roku to be downloaded. We are looking into fire stick it seems the only alternative with a remote. Roku has been great for 3-4 years. Idk why all these issues the last 6 months. But Ibe totally cut the cord so I can’t wait any longer for them to solve the problems 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@1FineArtst @Mcmillanjaney

Thanks for the posts.

Please see @RokuKariza-D's previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paul23

I too have been having the same problems with apps crashing on my Hisense Roku tv and have tried to follow the ‘advice’ given in previous posts by, what seems to be, the cast of the IT crowd “have you tried switching it off and on again” 

I have uninstalled all apps, factory reset tv and even went to the bother of fishing a cat 6 cable to the back of the TV for a more stable wired internet connection. All of which have done absolutely nothing! Netflix crashes EVERY time I try it, YouTube crashes regularly as does prime! 
is there an actual fix to this problem Roku? or is Roku a broken piece of software not fit for purpose?? 

desiree_45

Did you ever find a solution? My tv is having the same volume issue, along with the rewind/fast forward option. My tv crashes every time on all apps. 

Tronix10
Reel Rookie

FIXED —>>All the apps on Roku Box getting crashed

I can’t speak to the volume issue, but I finally resolved my all apps crashing on my HiSense 55” TV. Here’s what I did:

Opened one of the bad apps (Netflix) and chose “refresh all apps” from the * menu. It took about 15m but all my apps updated and I hard rebooted the TV (hold down the power button). 

Once rebooted, I tested several apps and all of them now worked!! It’s been several weeks and no more crashing. I read somewhere else that like a phone, sometimes the apps get stuck in memory and this cleared them out. Good luck!