Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All channels on the Roku home screen became blank.

Jump to solution

There is a similar post but has no solutions so here goes...Roku home screen is all blank where different channels used to be displayed.  Roku device is plugged in directly to an outlet.  It is also connected to a Roku TV using HDMI.  The white light on the Roku device is on.  I have unplugged and plugged back on the device few times.  Going directly to Netflix or Amazon works fine.  Both of these are paid separately to the service providers.  I checked the "Payment Method" section online and it shows an old credit card that has been expired.  I have no other subscriptions so there should be no issues with payments, correct?  This problem occurred three days ago and we are stuck watching Netflix and Amazon Prime only.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All channels on the Roku home screen became blank.

Jump to solution

Payment method doesn't have anything to do with it.  You can remove your payment method entirely if you don't have any active subscriptions and it won't affect anything.  The only thing I can suggest is to check for updates under Settings->System.  If that doesn't do it then the last resort is a factory reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Payment method doesn't have anything to do with it.  You can remove your payment method entirely if you don't have any active subscriptions and it won't affect anything.  The only thing I can suggest is to check for updates under Settings->System.  If that doesn't do it then the last resort is a factory reset.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply/solution.  Indeed, system update did not work.  So, before doing a system reset, I tried network reset, even though I thought it would not work.  Well, it did fix the problem!  

renojim

Jump to solution

Good to hear!  I'll have to remember that one.

0 Kudos
CampMavis

Jump to solution

Network update didn't work for me. I hesitate to do a system reset because I don't want to lose all my channels or their order on the screen. ROKU has become increasingly glitchy. 😞 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CampMavis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community.

I understand your concern regarding performing a system reset as it can be inconvenient to lose your channel lineup. However, it may be necessary to resolve the issue you're experiencing with your Roku device.

Before performing a factory reset, have you tried disconnecting your device from the power source for a few minutes and then reconnecting it to see if this resolves the issue? If not, we suggest you perform a factory reset on your Roku device. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos