Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datdo

A number of channels seem to crash while loading up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Recently a number of channels stopped working on my TCL Roku TV. When I select the channel, the loading screen comes up but after a few seconds it just goes back to the Roku main screen.
- Netflix
- Prime Video
- Youtube

Its not all channels though as Hulu and HBO GO as well as many other work fine. I've tried removing and adding the channels but it hasn't fixed the issue.

ID: 29-119-415

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: A number of channels seem to crash while loading up on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

@datdo  Thanks for reaching out! We'd recommend following the steps here for help with channel playback issues: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

If you need more help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly for additional assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products. You can find their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/bd-p/rokutv-resources

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@datdo  Thanks for reaching out! We'd recommend following the steps here for help with channel playback issues: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

If you need more help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly for additional assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products. You can find their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/bd-p/rokutv-resources

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
SuzeBooze

Jump to solution

I started to have the same issue last night with my TCL Roku TV.  YouTube, YouTube TV, and Prime Video will not load.  Other channels aren't affected.  I thought this may be related to the number of people using these streaming options.

Further help would be appreciated.

SuzeBooze

Jump to solution

I was able to correct the problem by doing a restart on my TCL Roku TV. 

• Press Home on your remote to open the main screen.
  • Scroll up or down and select Settings
  • Press the right arrow button and select System 
  • Press the right arrow button and select Power
  • Press the right arrow button and select System Restart
  • Press the right arrow button and select Restart

This came from TCL's website: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions-troubleshooting/259102-how-to-restart-your-tcl-roku-tv

jpsboulder

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing with the same channels!

ctdaveb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems like the old TV’s can’t handle the new update. Like it isn’t backwards compatible or the new apps require more processing power than it has. Is there a plan to address this Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ctdaveb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What is the issue you are seeing? What channels are you seeing this happen with? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channel back again, specifically in that order to see if you are still seeing the issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mergator

Jump to solution

Yep. I got the update last Friday, have had two chat sessions and two emails into support, done everything and still the same issues that started RIGHT after the update. My TCL Roku TV is four years old. My parents, who have a brand new roku tv on the same network have NO ISSUES. 

0 Kudos
ctdaveb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. My TCL Roku TV is super slow after the update. It takes forever to respond via remote (fresh batteries). It also randomly freezes or starts “thinking” sometimes crashing all together during ESPN, Disney+ or Netflix. Software version 10.0
Build 4209-30
RokuTV 7105X
TCL Model 55S405

i have tried,  deleting and reinstalling apps, Restarting, unplugging 

Highspeed internet at 30+mps and strong wifi (Google wifi). Tested both 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mergator @ctdaveb

Thanks for the posts.

When removing channels, please make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding the channels back again, specifically in this order.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos