Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annamae

55" tcl Roku half of the screen flashing dark

I came upon this community looking for help with my tcl roku flashing dark on one side. I have noticed that a lot of people are having the same issue. I reset my roku and it was ok for a half an hour and then started flashing dark again. Terribly long story shortened up i went in to settings and changed the picture setting to normal. For some reason it was on bright after reset. It has been 24 hours and it hasn't flashed dark. I hope that this helps someone.20210315_072800.jpg

20210315_072758.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 55" tcl Roku half of the screen flashing dark

Roku only licenses their software for use on TV's. You will need to take it up with TCL support.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Annamae,

Thanks for the post.

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you contacted your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support?

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Annamae,

Thanks for the post.

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you contacted your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support?

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.
Thanks,

Mary

Actually, this looks more like an issue with Dynamic Contrast.  I know that on my Sharp TV, I would occasionally see odd abrupt brightness changes (full screen) until I turned Dynamic contrast off.  And so, I would suggest to those seeing this particular issue, turn off Dynamic Contrast and see if that fixes the issue.

Now, since Dynamic Contrast would appear to be a function under control of the Roku software, another problem that seems to need solving is the habit of Roku technical posters to just point people with problems to the hardware manufacturer, instead of attempting to truly isolate, understand and then correct the problem.

Perhaps you could point to my previous paragraph as a "Solution" and Check mark it accordingly.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The Roku software is only for the user interface and streaming/tuner. Controlling features of the TV itself is up to the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

It may be as you say, but, with the litany of mis-functions, malfunctions and interruptions of normal operation of the sets induced by software "updates", I would suspect that memory leaks or buffer overflows within the Roku software is adversely impacting the operation of the processor chain which runs the TV.  In fact, I would make book on it.

0 Kudos

That worked! Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
Roblox
Channel Surfer

Re: 55" TCL Roku TV half of the screen flashing dark

Have you tried calling TCL support for help?

0 Kudos