Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scrudrivr
Reel Rookie

50" roku tv repeatedly restarts.

Jump to solution

I have a 50" hisense roku tv and while I'm using the streaming apps it will randomly shut off and restart. The longer the tv is on the more often it happens. But since I started using my PS5 to stream my content I have not had an issue. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 50" roku tv repeatedly restarts.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Scrudrivr 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you are having with your Roku TV that randomly shuts off or restarts, and we'd be glad to help. Performing a troubleshooting step will enable us to determine the root cause of the issue. As a start, we recommend performing a system restart on your Roku TV. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. troubleshooting step to completely restart a Roku TV is to unplug the Roku TV from its power source for 5-minute, and plug it again once more.

2. If unplugging the Roku TV is inconvenient, and you are unable to reach the power cord, you can perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart.

After it has been booted, you can check if the restarting/shutting off has been resolved.

Keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 50" roku tv repeatedly restarts.

Jump to solution

Hi, @Scrudrivr 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you are having with your Roku TV that randomly shuts off or restarts, and we'd be glad to help. Performing a troubleshooting step will enable us to determine the root cause of the issue. As a start, we recommend performing a system restart on your Roku TV. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. troubleshooting step to completely restart a Roku TV is to unplug the Roku TV from its power source for 5-minute, and plug it again once more.

2. If unplugging the Roku TV is inconvenient, and you are unable to reach the power cord, you can perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart.

After it has been booted, you can check if the restarting/shutting off has been resolved.

Keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.