Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVUser4691
Binge Watcher

Re: 11.5 Update: Roku TV connection and streaming issues

Roku is now trying to blame it on the hardware and told me to go through a warranty claim with TCL despite the fact that many others are having the same issues since the 11.5 software update. Roku just lost a customer here.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@notablenews @TVUser4691

Thanks for the post.

As previously posted in this thread, if you are experiencing an issue with your Roku TV internet connectivity, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to look into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVUser4691
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R Have done this three times now, as previously posted.

0 Kudos
TVUser4691
Binge Watcher

(OS 11.5) RokuTV still not working for 3 weeks after 11.5 updates

Roku has promised several times that they are investigating this issue (as several others have reported disruptions as well), but they have not followed up with me. Our tv has been useless for 3 weeks now. It keeps disconnecting from the wif-fi, apps won't load, the home page freezes, and the remote stopped paring. It's clear that Roku needs to rollback the updates, but they are failing to do anything to resolve this.

Sara0209

We have lost the picture on our TCL 65S425 but the sound remained. Spent hours trying to reset the tv following the online instructions and pressing the rest button several times. Contacted TCL online chat and went through reset with agent, only to result in the same, black screen and sound. Please advise how to fix this problem that the ROKU update has created.

Response to questions :

1. ROKU device model : 65S423-CATBAA

2. Issue on specific channel : No, just went to black screen

3. Tracker ID : can’t see screen so unable to provide this

4. Steps to reproduce : see item 2

TY1106

Just a quick question. How am I supposed to provide you with this information if all I have is a black, dark screen. I see nothing! How do you suggest I navigate blindly to get this information? If my picture is out I can't see if I'm in the Settings > System > About menu.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you can shine a bright light on the screen and see anything however faintly then something within the TV has died and you need to take it up with the manufacturer. Even if you can't, you still need to take it up with the manufacturer.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MacMan1
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same issue and currently but on my ROKU Hisense TV. I am currently locked out of all viewing even though I have tried every available troubleshooting method 

0 Kudos
MacMan1
Reel Rookie

I used the reset button on the back of my set and I still have a dead screen with red lights blinking at me from the front. When I push the power on button the light pauses then starts blinking again. That’s the only life here. 
not a happy viewer anymore 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MacMan1

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos