Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithdoor
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku channel numbers disappeared again

Jump to solution

Now have numbers back 

Nice see you option to see "By Channel Number" or no numbers recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number.

Thank you

Dave 

0 Kudos
southwestmsry
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel numbers missing in Roku Live TV

Jump to solution

My channel  numbers are missing

0 Kudos
southwestmsry
Reel Rookie

Num bers on my channels on my roku tv

Jump to solution

I don't have my numbers any on my channels I want them back

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Num bers on my channels on my roku tv

Jump to solution

@southwestmsry, see this post:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Channel-numbers-missing-in-Roku-Live-TV/m-p/...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @southwestmsry,

Thanks for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us through the channel guide about the New feature in the TRC FAST stations. We're pleased to assist.

If you want to revert to the channel numbers listed in your channel guide, follow these steps: 

• Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  • Press the button to open the Channel Options menu.

• Select the "Sort channel list" setting

• Select "By Channel Number". 

• By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number". 

When you choose "By Channel Number"

• The TV guide will refresh and display channels in a sequential order using Channel numbers in ascending order.  

When you choose "As recommended by Roku"

• The TV guide uses machine learning to personalize your TV viewing experience. It rearranges channel orders based on your viewing history and preferences. The algorithm learns from your interactions to prioritize channels you are likely to enjoy.

You can change these modes in the settings menu at any time. If you want to try a different approach or go back to the traditional sequential listing, you can revisit the settings and make your choice.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I wish you people WOULD STOP FORCING CHANGES ON US!! WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP CHANGING THINGS BACK TO THE WAY WE WANT THEM!!!!

cdozier

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

I cannot get to the setting where I can use the star button to switch back to showing the channel numbers on the guide. This is extremely frustrating. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
adinserter

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

I cannot get the * to open the menu functions from live tv channel guide...so went into live tv and tried from there,st I still doesn't open menu.

In short I need to get the channel numbers back and what appears the right answer here doesn't work.

Can there be a better description as to the procedure as I have tried the *(star asterict) and don't get a menu. So either I am at the right live tv...entered or just logos showing and it doesn't bring up a menu.

0 Kudos
5minlate

Live Streaming Channel Numbers

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
5minlate

Re: Live Streaming Channel Numbers

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV.  On living streaming the guide used to list the programs in numerical channel order and also list the channel name.  Now, it lists only channel name.  How to I get the channel numbers back?  I've tried resetting.  I've gone thru the TV menu but nothing works.  The order used to be antenna stations listed first followed by the live streaming channels.  I don't have a few favorite channels.  I scan to see what I want to watch and numeric order is so much quicker and easier for me.  PLEASE help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.