Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiawahdon
Channel Surfer

tried all the fixes and Acorn still crashes

Cleared cache and cookies, removed channel, checked for updates, etc and still can't watch Acorn for 30 seconds before it crashes back to Home. Here are my details:

IMG_1123.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: tried all the fixes and Acorn still crashes

Hi @Kiawahdon,

We appreciate you providing us with these reports and keeping us informed.

Additionally, we advise you to try connecting your device to a different network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then to try again to see if that resolves the issue.

Kindly update us!

With regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kiawahdon
Channel Surfer

I went to a different network and it seems to have solved the issue. Why changing networks solves the problem?? I prefer the other network as it has much greater band width.

Also, I have a second TV with a Roku stick and it works fine on Acorn on the original network. Again, why does the Roku plus now require another network? I would also note that I never have both TVs on at the same time, so bandwidth doesn't seem to be an issue for the stopping playing after 30+ seconds.

Thanks in advance for your help and answers.

Don McIver 

0 Kudos
Kiawahdon
Channel Surfer

I FORGOT TO ADD THAT After Roku/acorn  worked fine on another network, I reconnected to the original network and Acorn quit streaming again after a short time. I would add that numerous other channels have & continue to stream just fine. Issue appears to be just Roku/Acorn.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kiawahdon,

Thanks for the update!

Have you made some changes recently on this network that might be related to this? We would also recommend contacting your internet Server Provider for any additional assistance about this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos