Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "YouTube could not run because there is not enough space"

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Youtube prompting you with not enough space, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Jim755

my 3920X running 9.4.0 build 4200-91 has had this issue for some time now. I am down to seven channels now and still have the issue. I can sometimes do a soft reset 5 home, 1 up, 2 new and 2 ff to clear the cache. But not always. Bad code on either the OS or within an app.  I use ATT TV only, but not sure if this is the problem code.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jim755

Thanks for the post.

Do you have any of the follow channels: Vudu, the Aquatic Life screensaver, or Netflix. Have you tried removing these channels, then restarting your device and trying to add the Youtube channel to see if your issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Armond

Appears to be a problem that Roku can't resolve or dosen't want to. Terrible customer service.   I had same problem on a TV with Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon service walked me through a fix. Had to re-set fire stick to factory default and then re- install and then re- load my channels.  Almost ready to ditch the sticks and get cable back 

RockandRollLady
Reel Rookie

I have been having the same problem for about a week.  Like everyone else, I tried deleting extra Roku channels, but that did nothing.  Once the message "Youtube cannot run because there is not enough space" came up, I hit the home button five times, then the back button five times.  My issue report tracker ID is 15-111-340

Please Roku, fix this issue!!

0 Kudos
RockandRollLady
Reel Rookie

This is an update to my previous reply: I ended up doing a factory reset, and that took care of the problem with YouTube not running.  

0 Kudos
lakelife4me
Reel Rookie

3/28/21 YouTube would not play due to “not enough space”. A couple days ago I added aquatic life app as my screensaver. Based on your post I removed aquatic life app and YouTube is working again. Btw, I tried everything else repeatedly b4 removing aquatic life but no luck. Too bad bc that was a really cool screensaver. But thanks for the tip. 

RockandRollLady
Reel Rookie

You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Slg1

I too had the same issue. Uninstalled reinstalled reset my Roku. Still cannot get YouTube to load. Doesn’t matter what sequence this is done in still cannot get YouTube to install. This needs to be addressed. Many people are complaining.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Slg1,

Thanks for the post.

Do you have any of the follow channels: Vudu, the Aquatic Life screensaver, or Netflix. Have you tried removing these channels, then restarting your device and trying to add the Youtube channel to see if your issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos