Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenijo
Reel Rookie

"Live TV" sync channels across devices

Could we get the ability to sync the "Live TV" channels across devices? The hidden channels, the favorites channels, etc.

There are so many channels to go through (hundreds) to hide and favorite that I don't want to have to do it on multiple devices.

By the way, could we get a alternate UI to do this? Maybe a web UI or Roku app UI where I could check boxes quickly.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
topdaug
Channel Surfer

Re: "Live TV" sync channels across devices

TOTALLY SYNC ACROSS DEVICES WHEN YOU SIGN IN WITH SAME EMAIL AND PASSWORD.

REAL PAIN GETTING A NEW DEVICE.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @topdaug

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kenijo
Reel Rookie

What the previous user mean is that if you go through the trouble of manually filtering/hiding hundreds of live channels on one Roku, then sync that filtering/hiding as well when setting up a new roku using the same account as the first Roku.

In other words, don't just sync the channels that are on the main screen, sync also the live channels.

0 Kudos
MikeBart
Reel Rookie

Came here to ask the same thing.   Has any progress been made on this?   We love our Roku TVs, we have 10 between the house, camper, and horse trailer.   Roku Live TV is awesome but as others have been said it would be would like to be able to sync favorites among all 10 devices.  

0 Kudos
Rokooster
Reel Rookie

Agreed.

I've got (3) setups here myself.

I wish I had the ability to automatically sync each & every thing.

Not having an option for this is quite mind boggling.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rokooster,

We saw your post, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're here to assist you regarding your concern and would like to know more about how we can help. Could you please tell us more about your issue with the Live TV sync? What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) Is your TV currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?

The more detailed information we receive, the better we can understand the issue and find a workaround.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rokooster
Reel Rookie

For the record I am using TV's with Roku built in at the moment.

It's doubtful that a standalone stick vs a Roku TV makes any difference here.

"Is your TV currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?"

Wow ..... you guys make units that require no power whatsoever ?.

Man I gotta pay better attention to the latest tech trends.

😱