Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Coach" on Roku channel issue

Greetings, Community users!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

Please be advised that this issue has been forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We're trying our best to fix this issue immediately because your satisfaction is essential to us. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated. 

If there's anything else that you want us to address, please don't hesitate to bring it to our attention, as we are committed to fixing it. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

thank you.  I just checked before coming to this message board & it's still pixelated, chunky image whatever you want to call it.  It was like this until recently so I'm guessing you ppl at Roku changed something, somewhere.  

0 Kudos
MNHarris
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't stream shows on Roku Ultra

@RokuCarly

I was trying to watch all three shows on The Roku Channel.

The issue I noticed for the first time occurred on July 18th. I don't know if it started earlier but that's when I first noticed it. I had been watching something on Amazon Prime Video that show ended, so I started watching Coach on the Roku Channel.

Just tried it a moment ago and still doing it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't stream shows on Roku Ultra

Hi @MNHarris,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

No worries. Our team is currently investigating this issue, and we're trying our best to find a solution as soon as possible.

We'll make sure to update this thread once more information is available. In the meantime, we humbly ask for your patience and understanding. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gernb
Channel Surfer

fyi... same issue(s) w/ bewitched, i dream of jeannie & that girl shows

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gernb,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be more than glad to take a closer look at the issue you've encountered. Could you please tell us more information about it? Also, what channel/s is affected, and what specific show are you trying to access?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gernb
Channel Surfer

all 3 shows (bewitched, i dream of jeannie & that girl) have pixelation issue(s) -just like mentioned here ofr "coach" tv show- on the roku channel.

when viewed on other streaming services -like freevee & tubi- stream crystal-clear / pixelation free.

every "fix" mentioned, fails to correct the issue(s) w/ these 4 shows on the roku channel so it's definitely w/ the roku channel or the source provding it to the roku channel or both.

0 Kudos
gernb
Channel Surfer

also... the issue(s) appear to have began about a week ago or so

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gernb,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look into this issue, and we'll need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version/build is The Roku Channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gernb
Channel Surfer

i sincerely appreciate your tending to this matter.

2 affected tv's

(#1.)  device id = J4992D740700    |    S/N = YN00DM740700    |    TCL Model = 55S425    |    Hdwe ID = 7131X    |    software = 12.0.0  --  Build 4182-30    |    roku channel version = 9.3.10  GC9.4.521

NOTE:   i tried your, "Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)"

but it failed to work on both tv's.  as soon as i hit the "home" button (no matter how rapid) it automatically returns to the roku channel home menu

(#2.)  model = 3810X  roku streaming stick+    |    S/N = YH00D5715678    |    Software = 12.0.0  --  Build 4184-50    |    device id = 21308D715678    |    roku channel = version 9.3  -- build 10

also of note:  all seasons of "coach" are blurry/fuzzy/pixelated EXCEPT for season 9
bewitched tv show: season 1 & 2 are bad but seasons 5 - 8 are ok; however... all seasons of bewitched on freevee are perfect
i dream of jeannie tv show:  season 1 is bad but seasons 2 & 3 are ok.
that girl tv show:  all seasons 1 - 5 are bad on roku channel but are perfect on both filmrise & plex

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.