Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KylaAnn
Reel Rookie

Re: Apps don’t load after Roku OS 11 Update. Netflix/Hulu/others

Jump to solution

Mine has been doing this exact same thing & started on Thursday as well! It doesn't matter which channel I click on...They all say Can't Run Channel because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection & try again...

But my connection says it's excellent & I've already tried unplugging my wifi box, uninstalling a couple channels then reinstalling them & turning my TV off then back on...but nothing is helping!

0 Kudos

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Model 3940RW-ROKU Express 4K

Serial number xo16oom2yvxn

ID XN-163-529

Software version 11.0.0 Build 4180-CR

0 Kudos
kizmet45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue: 

model 4660X -Roku Ultra
serial# YJ00GJ140690
Device ID: CK384G140690
Software version: 11.0.0 Build: 4180

this started thursday also.  NOTHING will work.  Cant watch PAID for subscriptions!!!😡🤬

0 Kudos
jed2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

RCA Roku TV 8511X. Will not play ANY channels. With some channels the "cannot run channel" message comes up, others will try to start then bounce back to home screen.

The TV will not update software, manually or otherwise. Says "Last checked Apr 24 9:02 pm." "Last updated: Apr 21 6:59 pm." 11.0.0 Build 4180.

Have done multiple system restarts, router restarts, network reconnections, etc... Was advised to try connecting via hotspot to update software from there but have to wait for friend with cell phone.

I don't have an ethernet cable port on the TV or I would try that. If there was a way to download the software update onto a USB drive that I can then plug into the USB port, that would be a nice workaround.

0 Kudos
Alixoops
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here since Thursday, multiple messages sent to support, absolutely zero response. Can't help but feel scammed! 😡😡😡😡

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: can't run channel could not run because it could not reinstall from the netwo

Jump to solution

@kjk24 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to complete updating your Roku device, you may be experiencing a network related issue. Have you already tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to update your Roku device? Once you've completed updating your Roku device, try switching back to your home wireless network to see if the issue you were originally experiencing is still occurring.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ajeninci @KylaAnn @jed2 

Thanks for the post.

As previously posted in this thread, in order for our Roku engineering team to better find the root cause of this issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model,
  • serial number,
  • device ID, 
  • software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeffery452
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I mentioned before that after trying everything I could think of and all that was suggested by others,  I finally got the system to update from version 11.0.0 4180 to 11.0.0 5003 and now all is good.   Since I knew that nothing was wrong with my network, I thought that success was due to trying enough times over two days.  However, in following the feed in this forum, I've begun to think that perhaps the success was really because I just happened to have a long planned upgrade to my network,  Once the new equipment was installed, I got the upgrade with the first try and all has been well since.  There is lots of talk on the forum about trying a different network, well, that may be the answer.  I'm no expert and don't work for Roku, but you might give it a try if you happen to have access to a different network even if your current one is working fine.  It's all magic.  I sure hope everyone gets fixed as I know how frustrated I was when nothing worked regardless of what I tried.  I feel your pain.  Good luck.  

0 Kudos
Struggling

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with Version 11.0 Build: 4173-51. Model: 3910RW - Roku Express+. I have factory reset 3 times. I have Network reset. Uninstalled every single channel. The only channel I still have is Hulu and it won't launch. I've gone through this forum probably 10 times looking for an answer. 

0 Kudos
JRog7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R   Can't run Channel Error message because it couldn't be reinstalled from the network.  model:3820RW serial:X01700PML5U0    
ID: S09041AML5UO 

software: 11.0.0  build 4180-CU

I've tried everything. It hasn't worked for several days. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.