Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nenikuak

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Model: RTRU5028-CA

S/N: YN00A7762791

Device ID: F4779A762791

Version: 11.0.0 Build 4184-67

This update was just pushed today, was also having same issues with previous update on Monday (I belive that was when is started) was version 10.0.4 (maybe 10.4, can't remember exactly) 

0 Kudos
emailjunk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm replying again because some of my posts have been deleted or moved on the community. I had the same issues as most or perhaps ALL of you. The only thing that restored my 2 Roku devices to a working state was downgrading from 11.0.0 to 10.5.0 build 4208

My Roku devices could connect and apps could run via another network (such as a mobile hotspot), so I thought like many of you as well as the Roku tech support that the problem was related to my network or ISP. It WAS NOT. I verified with my ISP that my network is not blocking or MAC filtering anything and in my original posts I mentioned that my devices worked flawlessly via that same network until I got upgraded to 11.0.0 software. 

I am guessing that perhaps the Roku device somehow remembers whatever network you had connected when it got upgraded to 11.0.0 and from that point on it won't work/run apps with that network as long as you continue to run 11.0.0 software. This might explain why the user below got his Roku working again when he upgraded/changed his network. Wonder if the below user would try to connect to his old network again while still running 11.0.0 build?

Clearly something is broken in the 11.0.0 software builds. Roku needs to provide the ability for users to rollback their software and/or also provide an option to NOT automatically update. I am dreading the next time my Roku attempts to auto-update.

@Jeffery452 wrote:

I mentioned before that after trying everything I could think of and all that was suggested by others,  I finally got the system to update from version 11.0.0 4180 to 11.0.0 5003 and now all is good.   Since I knew that nothing was wrong with my network, I thought that success was due to trying enough times over two days.  However, in following the feed in this forum, I've begun to think that perhaps the success was really because I just happened to have a long planned upgrade to my network,  Once the new equipment was installed, I got the upgrade with the first try and all has been well since.  There is lots of talk on the forum about trying a different network, well, that may be the answer.  I'm no expert and don't work for Roku, but you might give it a try if you happen to have access to a different network even if your current one is working fine.  It's all magic.  I sure hope everyone gets fixed as I know how frustrated I was when nothing worked regardless of what I tried.  I feel your pain.  Good luck.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

@Struggling

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-what are you seeing on screen when this issue occurs

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
golfanml
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I understand your pain!   I'm very close to moving on to Fire Stick or Apple TV as I am really sick of the time  I've spent on this and run around.  How many "send us your information" requests are enough to fix this problem. Very disappointed with this as I have been a loyal users for years. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
golfanml
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 3900x - keep getting error "could not be reinstalled from the network"

Jump to solution

All of our symptoms are the same. I can't tell you how many comments I've seen on this and they keep asking for information. I'm assuming that it's not a priority fix for them or else they would communicate with their customers with some idea of what they are doing about it and when it will be fixed or even better when they will send us a new replacement that works. 

0 Kudos
Grandkids11
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express 3900x - keep getting error "could not be reinstalled from the network"

Jump to solution

I go thru the same steps about 3 times a day.  I try to upload and several other things that have been suggested......still not working.  I would just like my money back since I just bought the Roku in Feb and still have my receipt.   I have tried to be patient but, my patients are running thin the longer this goes on without a fix.

0 Kudos
JRog7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well it's been a week of trying to fix my Roku that I've had for 2 months. The only advice is to continue to try to update the software. After several days of trying too many times to update, using a different network, and hotspot, I've started getting rude responses from Danny. I asked for a refund or a new device.

0 Kudos
Mich78
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu and Netflix will not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I have tried to install updates. My roku begins to install and quits before it is complete. It has been a week since this has begun. 

0 Kudos
Dee21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Been running software updates, the Element TV finally sent an update, it is now 11.0.0 4193 in place of 4184 and it fixed the problem.

No such luck on the Phillips yet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We are aware that that some users that have updated to OS 11.0 are seeing an issue with an error that states "could not be reinstalled from the network". Please be aware that this is only affecting a small subset of users who are using a Zyxel router and in certain regions, most Roku customers are not impacted by this issue. 

We are actively investigating this issue and we expect this issue to be resolved soon.

If you are experiencing this issue and have not already provided the following information, please provide us with:

• Roku device model,
  • serial number,
  • device ID, 
  • software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • router/modem make and model

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator