Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hi @aab001,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ga_mueller
Reel Rookie

FWIW, I no longer run Roku, but both my Google TV and FireTV both have the issue described in this thread for BritBox.

0 Kudos

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

I'm having this same problem. I was able to access Britbox just fine in September, which I think was the last time I tried to watch anything on the channel. When I tried to bring it up earlier this week, however, it loaded the top menu, hung there for several seconds without responding to my remote, then dropped back to my TV's home screen. None of my other streaming channels have this issue. I have already updated everything, and tried deleting the channel, rebooting my system, and re-adding the channel multiple times.

• Roku device model: 5302X/NS-32DR420NA16
  • Serial number: 2N004K052727
  • Device ID: 4435C4052727
  • Software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4193-12
  • Britbox version 3.0 build 644
  • Tracker ID: 27-450-798
0 Kudos
ga_mueller
Reel Rookie

Britbox has a huge problem on their hands.  I'll give them a week.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @seajulesrun,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

I have passed along your information and concerns to our Support team. As our team continued investigating the issue and we are hoping to have a resolution soon.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Britbox crashing to home screen

This has been happening for the past two weeks. Before the channel would have a long delay in loading. I'm a long time (3years) subscriber to Britbox and this is irritating. It works better on Amazon but I do not want to use Amazon. Have been thinking of getting rid of it as it wants to hold a monopoly on "channels".

Please assist.  I have a TCL TV - bought in 2018. Britbox is one of the best channels (along with Acorn) that is great to watch and well worth the cost.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ishkabibble,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we will send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamesAlvin

i don’t believe roku/britbox even cares to solve this problem. we’ve been struggling with the same time wasting procedures for 2 weeks now and britbox will not load on roku tv. in a world of such high technology you’d think such a simple issue could be resolved? very unsatisfying especially after they take your money!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JamesAlvin,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a  resolution soon. In the meantime, we would like to request the required details I posted above your post so we can pass your information and concerns for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Has this been fixed?  It’s been 3 months that I haven’t been able to load britbox on Roku TV and britbox says it’s because Roku has yet to fix the problem which is on their end.   So any progress on fixing that Roku techs????? 

0 Kudos