Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feedup
Reel Rookie

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

Hi JW6828, I have been doing this also, it works for some shows but not others, and I cannot move around once the show ends I need to exit and search another show.

0 Kudos
jw6828
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I got the same story, that a fix had been made but they did not know when it would be applied. I go to the app every day and manually check for updates. I did find that searching for the show I wanted to watch gives me a link to go in and watch. While I am getting sick and tired of doing this, it does give me a way in. And they gave me a month free due to the problem. I am guessing you paid for whole year. I have checked all the other streaming apps that I use and they work. It seems to be Brit Box. I also noticed it started when they put the new "Live" line of programs up. With the expertise they should have I do not understand why they don't put it back like it was and work out the problem. I worked in IT many years, now retired I still remember we used to just go back to the working version of a program if something went wrong. I wish I knew how many of us are having this trouble. Not that it would help, but it would be interesting. I am tempted to use my daughters Firestick to see if she has the same trouble. I also have a LG tv with Britbox on it but my wife has control of that one. After this month I am going to cancel if not fixed

0 Kudos
Catherineh

Unable to access Britbox channel

Like many other Britbox subscribers, I have not been able to access Britbox for weeks.

Britbox says its a problem with Roku and it should be fixed in a "few weeks" and to download the updated version of the Britbox app.

Any reliable company will compensate subscribers for lack of service by extending their subscriptions by the time lost.

Since I already paid Roku for the year, I cannot stop payment.

I want to know if Roku company has enough pride and integrity in its service to do the right thing for its customers.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Catherineh

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eab
Binge Watcher

Same response users get to any problem from Roku. No help, just busywork.

0 Kudos
DavidNC
Reel Rookie

Just to make sure RokuKariza-D has the issue information:

Issue Report Tracker

Model: 5143x-Rolku TV

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-08

Issue ID 26-487-802

Britbox opens and then closes.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to access Britbox channel

Hi @DavidNC,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll send this information to the appropriate Roku team. Please be aware that our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick21

Re: ROKU KICKS OUT BRITBOX WHEN APP IS LOADING

My issue is identical to yours...with the identical response by Brit Box. The issue has gotten worse over the past several months (I used to be able to get on occasionally...now I can't. I pay through ROKU. We have a different brand of TV...so don't scrap your Sharp TV. It's not the TV, it's either ROKU or Britbox.

I'll give it another month before I quit the Britbox subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU KICKS OUT BRITBOX WHEN APP IS LOADING

Hi @bakersdozen @Rick21,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Adal

Re: solved: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I won’t give all of the backstory because it’s not necessary. The answer is: 

1. Delete the Britbox icon from your list.

2. Cancel your Britbox subscription from the Britbox website.

3. Return to the Roku streaming channels to locate the Britbox icons. I say icon(s) because on my streaming channel list there are two. Pick the icon that shows Roku Britbox and add it. 
4. Launch the channel and follow the prompts to subscribe to Britbox. It is the same price and works way better on Roku than the other app ever did.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos