Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcjones21

not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

Has anyone else been having problems launching britbox on their roku tv?  My subscription has been paid for the year and i have not been able to access britbox for over a week.  Contacted britbox; they say it is a roku fix that is needed.  please fix!

111 REPLIES 111
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

Hi @lcjones21

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? How are you accessing BritBox? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone BritBox app installed on your Roku? When you say the channel isn't launching, do you get an error message or it automatically returns to the home screen? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Peggi109

Same for me. Britbox tries to initiate, and I can see some of the top and logo but then it goes back to home screen. 

0 Kudos
RNF
Reel Rookie

Britbox crashing to home screen

Hello-

Same issue has been happening consistently again for past few weeks to the point we cannot watch our Britbox programs. 
All other streaming channels on same device are functioning properly without any interruptions. 
I followed steps you instructed in below email, but did not improve service. 
Also checked for updates on device & app & successfully logged in on iPad. 

Any help would be appreciated- thank you
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Britbox crashing to home screen

@RNF

Thank you for the reply.

We appreciate the update. For clarification, are you trying to access the content from Britbox standalone or through The Roku Channel? Do you remember getting an error message or code? 

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Nope20
Channel Surfer

Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

Help!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix Britbox app crashing on Sharp Roku TV? I’ve cleared cache and deleted and reinstalled app.
Nothing has helped. Britbox support is useless.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Peggi109

I hope you're doing well.

Can you tell us how are you accessing the affected BritBox channel? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone BritBox app installed on your Roku? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AKW
Reel Rookie

I'm having this exact same issue.  I'm accessing (or trying to) BritBox via the app on a TCL Roku TV.  All the other channels are working fine (Netflix, AcornTV, etc) and BritBox works fine when accessed through my computer. It's just when I try to access it via the Roku TV.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @AKW

Thanks for reaching out.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AKW
Reel Rookie

Nope, no change after removing the channel, doing the system restart and reinstalling the channel. BritBox continues to not load.

0 Kudos