Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick33850

my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

have trouble with my Pluto channel on all my roku devices. i have contacted them and checked and unplugged my WY-fi. have they ben discontinued from roku? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Hi @Rick33850,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are reaching us with your channel playback issue with Pluto TV. We'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help get you up and running. Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Francis3

I am also experiencing an issue with Pluto not playing on Roku.  I noticed it first one one device, selected Pluto like I always have and I was presented with a dark screen and then after about a minute, it bounced back to Roku home.  The problem manifested to another box in our home and now it's out on both boxes.  

I tried pulling power from the box, that did not work.

I tried reconnecting to the wifi/internet, that did not work (other apps work fine).

I tried removing the Pluto app and re-adding it, that did not work. 

I tried it on my phone and Pluto is working.  

Appreciate any thoughts.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @Francis3

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Pluto channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Pluto support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @RLR

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Pluto TV channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Pluto TV  Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos