Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am getting a error message on the fox now app

error

you have exceeded your account limits for this service .... anybody ever gets this message on the fox now app an if so how do u fix it ? .... i got great internet connection so i no it aint that

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: i am getting a error message on the fox now app

This is telling you that you are attempting more simultaneous connections to your account than your account permits.  This would count all means of access, both various devices, and web access via computers.

Having said that, this seems to be a problem at Fox's end.  I had a similar problem several weeks ago accessing my Big Ten account which is accessed through Fox Sports even though I had zero other active devices attempting access.  The problem cleared up after a few days. 

Fox seems to have more problems managing their streaming efforts than most other providers do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
tjblundon

I get this message every time I watch something live on fox.  It's been happening for months.  We only have 1 account, 1 roku so the other guys comment about having too many at once would be wrong.  I have not been able to fix it no matter what I do.  Very frustrating at times.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @tjblundon

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
mooma01

I sick of this and totally would just delete ford now if I could. I continuously get this error message you have exceeded the number of account and it’s some bd and is very frustrating. I am currently using a Roku tv however I have had the same thing happen on my Firestick and previously when I had a Google tv… Meeds to be resolved sooner rather than later. If it weren’t for football games I would have already dismissed and deleted this app and now that Shannon Sharp is leaving FS1 I still just might do it anyway. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mooma01.

Thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with getting an error message through the FOX app on your Roku TV.

We suggest you to directly contact your channel provider regarding your concern. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Please keep us posted on how it goes. Thank you!

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos