Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlknight44

Wrong country or region error message

Through AppleTV, I pay for a subscription for Acorn TV and BritBox. On Friday, June 2 I could not access either acorn or BritBox and received an error message. It said I’m in the wrong country or region. I contacted Apple Tv they went through their troubleshooting and said the problem is not in their system, and that it is a problem with my device, and to contact Roku. There of course is no way on their crummy website to contact them for this issue so if anyone out there has any suggestions, I would deeply appreciate a reply. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wrong country or region error message

Start at https://www.iplocation.net/

For each company that got it wrong, you can find a link to their site, and hopefully a way to inform them of their error.

You could also try acorn and britbox I suppose, and let them do it.

The IPv4 address location errors are currently the only ones that count, since Roku doesn't use IPv6. If and when that changes, that might bring in a whole lot more of these problems.

0 Kudos