Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eldbroncos

creative veinz app requesting a code

this app wants me to go to www.irchan.com/demo and enter a code is this safe or a hack

this app originally quit working because it said it had to many people download 

thanks 

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: creative veinz app requesting a code

For something happening within a specific app/channel, it's tough to say if it's a legit request. When I look at that channel in the Roku channel store, I see it has very poor user ratings. The channel store lists creativeveinz dot com as the web site for the channel, but when I tried to access it there's no such web site, only a placeholder site for that domain name. What that usually means is a company has gone out of business. I'm not certain I would trust that channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
COD
Reel Rookie

I just did the same thing a box came up with do to high streaming costs channel not available. Will have back up ASAP. I'm done with codes, Either straight up free to watch or forget it. First and last time...

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

When a new channel requests a code to "authenticate" I usually bail out. Too much scamming recently. Channel operators don't need to know who I am or where I am.

0 Kudos
COD
Reel Rookie

That's exactly right. If you have to give something. It's not free anymore..

0 Kudos
Brandie69

STB9

0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

Roku really needs to do a better job of purging apps like this one. Searched Cannonball Run and this app shows it’s available but the app doesn’t work. App hasn’t worked in 6 months. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Their website appears to be dead.  @RokuAustin , how does an app get removed from the Channel Store?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

So I put the code in as it requested to watch this movie and I got that same message everybody else did.  My question is did anyone get hacked because of this? Did anyone put the code in? If so did y’all get hacked?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Erodriguez2021,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We want to investigate this issue further. Could you send us a photo of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.