Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: channel not in numerical order

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK  Your solution DOES NOT WORK!
What is the "Channels logos"????
I don't see anything on any menu that resembles that, nor anything that clicking the * button brings up!
Where in the Live TV Guide would we find this Channels Logos?
Why don't you do what you always ask us to do, and include a PICTURE??

And WHY is the default setting to not have channel numbers??  Wouldn't the opposite be, by far, the more logical one?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@StevenCee 

The channel logos are all the way to the left in the Live TV Guide (where the channel numbers usually are).

Use the left arrow button to go that column and press the asterick button (*).  Then select "Sort Channel List".  Then select "By Channel number".

You can see some images of this from @RokuArjiemar solution in thread  https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Channel-numbers-missing-in-Roku-Live-TV/m-p/...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks @AvsGunnar , I did finally figure out what was being referred to, and then put them back in numerical order. It's just that there was nothing to show that the options shown when hitting the * for one channel, would apply universallly, so I didn't think it would be found in that menu.
I still do wonder why they changed up so many channel numbers from what they had been previously. I could see if it were to put all channels within a certain category, but I'm not sure this does that. Oh well, at least there are channel numbers, as I don't memorize the names of all the channels, so it would make it really hard to find anything....

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@StevenCee 

I'm really not sure if Roku decides where to place a channel in the guide or if the channel provider requests inclusion in a certain category when they apply/agree to be carried in the Roku Live TV.

Roku most certainly assigns the channel numbers, but who knows if the employee responsible for configuring the guide actually uses/watches the Live TV guide programming. (or cares)

If I notice a Live TV channel missing from its regular spot, I normally just do a Search for it from the Home Screen Search feature.  If it is still available, should show in the Results under Live. (a thumbnail box with the red Live logo in it).  I then just select it and make a note of the new location.

If it doesn't show up in results, then channel was removed. (usually by the provider).  At other times, it may just be having an issue and will re-appear at a later time. (usually in the same channel spot, but not always).

---

The only reason for Roku to continually remove the channel numbers would be to provide itself the ability to promote some channels over others. (hence, the Recommended by Roku feature).

I do find it a bit underhanded that this is enabled by default now, as it seems to be designed so new users to Roku won't really know of the ability to show channel numbers, which seems to the preference of most users watching the Roku Live TV.   

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.