Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpuz

can we add paramount+ and/or peacock to one live menu in roku?

We have a handicapped son and it's difficult for his to navigate all the apps then find the show he wants,

can we add paramount plus and peacock to one menu he can access? we currently can't on firestick so we are looking for an alternative.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can we add paramount+ and/or peacock to one live menu in roku?

No, that's not possible. However, the Voice Remote Pro has two user programmable buttons that can be assigned to launch a desired channel. So you could program one to launch Paramount+ and the other for Peacock. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
kpuz

Thanks, he's no verbal so voice won't be feasible. Appreciate the response

0 Kudos
atc98092

Using voice isn't a requirement for using that remote. But it's the only one with the programmable access buttons, which is why I mentioned it. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
kpuz

oh that sounds promising, thank you!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@kpuz-

With the voice remote pro, the two programmable buttons can be configured to execute what otherwise would be a voice command, such as "Load Peacock".  You must use a voice to program the buttons, but once programmed, voice is not needed.

On any Roku with any remote you also can position the channel selection buttons ("tiles") on the home page grid, so that his one or two choice channels could be the first two in the grid and easily located.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
kpuz

Thanks, I can do that but there are still other apps in the grid, I'm looking for a way for only his channels to show and be accessed without a pin - it's a long shot I know. Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
renojim

The only way you could do that is to remove every other channel from the Home Screen and hide any shortcuts through the Settings menu.  Keep in mind that a channel added/removed from one device is added/removed from every Roku device linked to the same Roku account, so you'd want to set up a Roku account exclusively for him.

I am not a Roku employee.