Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnwbass
Channel Surfer

Youtube TV fast forward ramping and speed ramping broken

Hello,

Starting a few weeks ago, I have noticed that the ramping or speed ramping is  broken when pressing fast forward/back buttons.  This is on the Roku Ultra media player and use to work e.g. the longer the button pressed the faster you could advance through the recorded event /program. Now, when forward or back button is pressed continuously only jumps 15 sections and a time,  very very annoying to get where you want when searching for specific content in the program especially if the program is 4 hours long.  What happened this use to work. 

This is confirmed to be a Roku device issue and not a Youtube TV interface problem. 

This functions as it should on my other media player "Nvidia Shield"  speed ramping works fine.

Thx

BW

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Youtube TV fast forward ramping and speed ramping broken

Hello @bnwbass

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on the Youtube channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GoodGuy5000HD
Reel Rookie

Restarting Roku box fixed it for me. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @GoodGuy5000HD

Thanks for sharing the result with us. 

It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by restarting your Roku device. We appreciate your effort in doing the suggested troubleshooting steps. 

If you ever need assistance with another issue in the future, please don't hesitate to post here in the Roku Community.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
bnwbass
Channel Surfer

The resolution to the issues was to reformat the optional SD card to aid in  applications loading faster.

Restring the device was not the complete solution, however once reformatted the SD card Youtube TV fast forward ramping and speed ramping started working again.

Bnw

0 Kudos