Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muse3sqrd

Re: Youtube Not Connecting despite excellent WiFi strength

Jump to solution

Your suggestion does not solve issue.  Please advise

Trackpad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I 'm seeing this issue too.

> Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

All other channels work well.  Only YouTube doesn't work.

> Have you tried removing the affected channel YouTube and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

Tried. Didn't work.

Can you escalate this problem to someone at Youtube?

Jump to solution

Same here. YouTube and YouTubeTV both show no connection. Rest router, reset Roku, tried other channels and they are all good. YouTube works on my computer and phone over Wi-Fi too, so the issue is either Roku or YouTube. 

Beachbum2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think a credit from the responsible party is warranted. 

patrickd314
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here.  Connection is fine, Netflix, etc. working well.  Same problem with both of my Roku Ultras.  Just started within past two or three hours.

Mule_Skinner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In case this matters, can access Youtube fine on PC, just not on Roku....also happening on YouTubeTV channel but no other channels/Apps.  Sit back and grab a drink folks....I think it's going to be a loooooong night.

sierradane
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of "having the same problem with youtube" 

It has to be an issue with Roku

MrX19063
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YouTube AND YouTubeTV both not working, tries to launch internet connection test. Am connected, all other ROKU apps work fine.

Rich99usa

Jump to solution

It's down here in PA as well.  Seems to be a widespread issue on Roku devices. Other Roku apps work fine.   YouTube is working through my phone, however, so it appears to be an issue with the Roku network.

jrfaug06

Jump to solution

Yep, same here in North Carolina. 

I have tried every gimmick know to man and no luck.

Youtube gets the connection glitch on both of my TV's. Works great on my two desktops and my cellphone; Just not on the two TVs.

All my other stuff works great. Netflix, Prime etc.

It must be system wide.