Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisM4
Reel Rookie

YouTube won’t stay rewinded

When I rewind a video on YouTube, the video will play where I rewinded it to for about 15 seconds with the spinning “buffering” circle and then jump forward to where I originally was.
My tv is TCL 6 series. The Roku OS and YouTube app are both up to date and I’ve already tried a system restart on my tv and deleting/readding the YouTube app. Help me please.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube won’t stay rewinded

Hi @ChrisM4

Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on YouTube cross other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel YouTube and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ChrisM4
Reel Rookie

It only happens on YouTube. Also, yes, I have already removed and reinstalled the YouTube app and did the system restart on my television but the problem still occurs.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @ChrisM4

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Youtube channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Youtube Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos