Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

I did all of these troubleshooting processes when the problem first appeared, all to no avail.

Posted a picture in an earlier post, added a recent one here.

1000001813.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know, @jcaparula.

We appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting methods provided.

In this case, we will coordinate this with our relevant Roku team for further investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming again. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have already posted all this information previously.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know, @jcaparula.

Our apologies for the trouble. We've checked your previous post and you indeed provided us the details. 

Rest assured that we will include your device in the process of investigation and find you the best resolution possible. 

In the meantime, we request a little bit more of your patience as we still work on this. Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the community know. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CJ23

Jump to solution

I have consistently experienced this same issue on two Rokus connected to the same router (one ethernet cable, one wireless). I have had no improvement after System restart, App uninstall/reinstall, nor Network connection reset

Roku 1
model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
serial: YJ00CD069445
device ID: CK489C069445
OS version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-46
GC version: 10.7.26
Tracker ID: 445-069-074

Roku 2
model: 9102R - Roku Streambar
serial: YL001E194300
device ID: 2A1191194300
OS version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-95
GC version: 10x7x26
Tracker ID: 00-069-078IMG_20240217_151402193_HDR.jpgIMG_20240217_151837170_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CJ23,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your extended patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robo42

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on my Roku streambar when using YouTubeTV. The app works fine when first started but deteriorates as I surf through the YT menu. The pixelation is only a problem when navigating the menu; when a video stream is selected it is clear. When you return to the menu from a video, it pixelates and will not render the menu graphics properly and gets progressively worse until I can no longer select anything from the menu. I can clear the problem by exiting YouTubeTV and restarting the app; no need to restart the device. It only happens with YouTubeTV. It seems like the device memory is overrun trying to render YouTubeTV graphics and when I exit the app it flushes memory and works again when restarted. I would say that the YouTubeTV app might have a memory leak as it’s only a problem with this app. I think we’re due for a software update.

Stemp29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I thought it must be just me.  I am having the exact problem with even seeing the menu.  It seems to happen more at night and when I am watching games and switching from one game to the other.  Sometimes I cannot even see what I am clicking on, and it doesn't even give me a choice to resume at the point I left.  I have called my cable company and complained and had them run numerous test.  It is not my cable.  The three tvs upstairs are all having this problem with Roku stick.  I have two tvs downstairs on firestick that are not having this problem.  I finally gave in and ordered a firestick on one of these that was the worst.  It was in my bedroom.  I see perfect on firestick.  I really like the Roku stick better, but it is obvious something is going on.  I can see all my other apps perfect.  It is just on youtube with Roku stick.  I love sports, and tournaments are coming up soon.  I do not want to have to deal with this.  It is obvious it is a problem that needs solving wtih Roku stick.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Stemp29,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stemp29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried what you suggested, but it doesn't make any difference.  My tv is doing the exact thing that is in the other posts.  The pictures that have been taken are exactly how my youtube tv looks when I am in the menu and trying to go from one basketball game to the next.  As I said, it is much worse at night.  I have tried resetting my Roku also.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Youtube Tv.  It makes no difference.  The only thing that helped one of my tvs was getting a Firestick which has no problems at all.  I have 5 tvs in the house, and I do not want to buy Firesticks for all of them, and I actually like Roku because I have purchased screensavers and have everything like I want it.  If I can't see it what does all that matter.  It was buffering continually last night on tv I was watching.  Had to leave the program a few times and return.  As I said, my internet company checked everything out, and I have fiber and great speeds.  Thanks.