Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV app removed from Roku

The channel store doesn’t say this is only for non-TVs:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/34e0b0ce5c05af0733dbcd45f1c46734/youtube-tv

I guess anything is possible but I don’t recall any channel making that distinction before.

Banned but back. Because why not?
RockK

Hold on there. My youtube app is working fine albeit I do not pay for youtube TV. 

0 Kudos
RockK

Look how quickly people think there is a need for a class actionawsuit over something so simple as a misunderstanding.  Given today's tech world, I always assume it is me first. I am so happy all of you jumped In because I just purchased 2 Rokus, one the Ultra and 2nd the 4k. Youtube is 90% of my viewing. I would have been lost if what the claimant was saying was true but which would be nearlt impossible logically.  Thank you everyone who jumped in to correct this Henry penny the sky is falling. 

0 Kudos
Tbart
Reel Rookie

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to leave my own comment.   March 27, 2024

I was able to use You Tube with Roku perfectly until last week when Google forced me to sign in to Google on my computer to get to You Tube. Now every time I click on You Tube over Roku it just throws me out of the app. My You Tube account was created with Yahoo.  Every other app on Roku is working great except for You Tube. 

So I don't think it is a Router streaming issue or the Roku device itself. 

I am not liking companies that force you to use them to access their services. I am lost in the Google/You Tube/ Roku mess.  Chrome book does a lot of horrible connectivity issue # don't get me started with printer issues with them. And forced login changes that lock you out of all of your devices so that you can't authenticate you are who you say you are and fix things. 

I watched church online and used you tube for music over the TV. Plus a Bible in a year plan. All of those are greatly missed and I used you tube more than anything else on ROKU. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Tbart wrote:

I was able to use You Tube with Roku perfectly until last week when Google forced me to sign in to Google on my computer to get to You Tube. Now every time I click on You Tube over Roku it just throws me out of the app. My You Tube account was created with Yahoo.  Every other app on Roku is working great except for You Tube. 

So I don't think it is a Router streaming issue or the Roku device itself. 

Unfortunately the only place that can resolve this is Google. They own YouTube and provide the apps for streaming devices such as Roku, Apple TV and Fire TV. It's within the app's coding that is forcing the continual logins. Roku themselves have no control over the way an app works. As long as it meets the terms of service that providers agree to when they provide the app, that's all Roku can enforce. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Tbart
Reel Rookie

Ok so my You Tube problem with ROKU started the minute Google was involved. 

I went to the main directory and > settings> system >"system restart

Becareful NOT to do a reset but a restart.  Then I was prompted to login in ROKU with Google and it allowed me to select the account from Yahoo. I had to reactivate my user account with codes but it is working for now. 

Woo Hoo. 

0 Kudos