Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Channel install failed" - can't add YouTube on Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Has anyone else had this problem? I have several Roku sticks on Guest Mode, and when I try and add a channel, e.g. YouTube, it says "Channel install failed: Could not add 'YouTube'. (screenshot below) No explanation. I have it set that no PIN is required to add apps, and parental controls are off, so it should be able to add. 

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any advice!

IMG_7515.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Channel install failed" - can't add YouTube on Guest Mode

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @brasswoodptown!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. Rest assured that we'll help you determine the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, we'd like to assess your concern better and it would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this happening to all of your Roku devices?
  • Are you able to add other apps except YouTube?
  • Does it prompt the same error message when trying to add other apps?

In the meantime, can you please try to manually check for software updates through Settings > System > Software update > Check Now? If your devices are up to date, kindly try to reboot the system of your Roku device under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @brasswoodptown!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. Rest assured that we'll help you determine the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, we'd like to assess your concern better and it would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this happening to all of your Roku devices?
  • Are you able to add other apps except YouTube?
  • Does it prompt the same error message when trying to add other apps?

In the meantime, can you please try to manually check for software updates through Settings > System > Software update > Check Now? If your devices are up to date, kindly try to reboot the system of your Roku device under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Oh thank you! Yes, I tried adding other apps like Sling and others that were suggested. Same response "install failed". I also checked the System Update is up to date. I'll try the restart option next! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you! The system restart did. I could download Youtube and other apps while in Guest Mode. Thank you for the quick reply!! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @brasswoodptown!

Thanks for keeping us posted. We're happy to hear that everything has been resolved.

Feel free to reach out anytime you need assistance or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to help. You may also visit our Support website for additional troubleshooting resources.

We hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.