Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scatter50
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV & Closed Captions

Jump to solution

The setting seemed to stick, until I exited YouTube. I had to turn it on again when I came back in. 

0 Kudos
Thecat

Jump to solution

Resetting CC to YouTube tv via the channel specific command option worked for me.

Why didn’t the Roku CC select option selection work as it does for all the other channels.

very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
esprit15d
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine only has Korean as an option, and I don't speak Korean. I think it was because I was googling some bulgogi recipes earlier today. This has never happened before. The only option is "Korean (auto-generated)"

0 Kudos
Neeka
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you! I  haven't looked at settings in quite awhile I think I'll dink around with it today and see if anything has changed on my end.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @esprit15d

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to YouTube's customer support team to see if they have any additional settings or options within their device that resolve the issue you're experiencing with captions. 

You can contact them here: YouTube Help

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Try this just in case?

with Roku remote, press the home icon.

scroll to Settings

scroll to accessibility

click right for ‘captions preferred language’

when I do this, I get English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, polish, Ukrainian, Romanian,dutch, Croatian, Hungarian, Greek, Czech and Swedish as options.

I have a feeling you’ve already tried this?

0 Kudos
Via605

Jump to solution

I struggled with this. Finally figured it out. Clicked gear icon on roku remote, then sound and captions, then since my captions were off, I toggled to on. Weirdly, I had looked thru the options many times and never saw this! It's like the tv heard me and made the option available:) #roku

0 Kudos
jpd1016

Jump to solution

This solution worked for me. Thanks & thanks

0 Kudos
jpd1016

Jump to solution

This solution worked!!!!!

0 Kudos
Neeka
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't have a "gear icon" on my roku remote. I have a star icon, and I tried it just for the heck of it and it just took me to the main menu.

Thanks!

0 Kudos