Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doobie01

Different apps on two tvs

Jump to solution

I have two Roku tvs on the same account. Ones mine one is my daughters. I don't watch the same apps as her. Can I download different apps on each tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Different apps on two tvs

Jump to solution

@Doobie01 

When Roku devices (or RokuTVs) are linked to same account (email address), whatever channel/app is added or removed from one, is added or removed from all the linked devices.

By linking devices to same account, you can share any premium subscriptions among the linked devices.  

---

If you want a completely seperate account, (no shared subscriptions), then you can factory reset one of the devices/RokuTVs and set it up under a different account (different email address).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Different apps on two tvs

Jump to solution

@Doobie01 

When Roku devices (or RokuTVs) are linked to same account (email address), whatever channel/app is added or removed from one, is added or removed from all the linked devices.

By linking devices to same account, you can share any premium subscriptions among the linked devices.  

---

If you want a completely seperate account, (no shared subscriptions), then you can factory reset one of the devices/RokuTVs and set it up under a different account (different email address).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos