Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldpucker

Yet another Amazon issue with ROKU

What a mess this forum is...cannot post a blurb about infamous Roku/Amazon Prime because that topic has already been written about! 

I have a TCL 65inch set with built-in Roku.  Bought it more than two years ago; have used Prime without any problems for most of those two years.  Then a few days ago, every time I leave prime to watch any other channel, then try and get back into Prime, I get the "something went wrong" line which tells me NOTHING about the cause.  Totally useless. 

Tried EVERY fix on this forum, not one worked.  Nothing at my end was changed, removed etc. Called Amazon for help which got me nowhere.   "try unpluging....."  You have to be kidding!  

I need an answer to this.  Having to delete the app, reinstall, reinitialize with a code, is a pain to say the least. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Yet another Amazon issue with ROKU

Unfortunately, Amazon is the only one that can address the issue. Roku doesn't create the channels, they are all written and supported by 3rd parties (except for The Roku Channel of course). If you were having the same problem with all channels, then perhaps it might be something in the Roku OS, and Roku is the one that would have to address it. But when a problem is specific to only one channel, that's strong evidence that the channel itself has the problem and only the provider can address it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Yet another Amazon issue with ROKU

Did read elsewhere that Amazon just did a rollback update to undo some recent problems caused by the recent update.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.