Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dma550x
Reel Rookie

Will Roku ever be able to change my streaming live TV channels?

Jump to solution

I just cut the cord for Roku and like a lot about it.  One challenge though is that my house watches some live TV and news in the morning.  I'm more of a direct shortcut/keyboard kind of guy and I miss the ability from my old X1 to be able to say "NBC" or "CNN" into it and get to the live channel.  Now, I have to go from Roku into Hulu TV then spend 10 seconds finding the right tile, or worse use the hulu search which although voice enabled is 4 clicks deep.

Is there any way to streamline this, or maybe do any of the other TV providers offer deeper voice integration?  I can't believe all the extra stuff to watch live tv.  The favorites guide is more menu diving than I want as well.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will Roku ever be able to change my streaming live TV channels?

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @dma550x!

We understand that you are looking for ways to access your favorite channels easily, and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We are here to assist you in any way we can. 

Please note that you have the option to move your favorite channels to the top corner of your Roku home screen for quick access. Moreover, you can effortlessly find your desired channel by using the Roku push-to-talk voice command. We also suggest downloading the Roku mobile app for easy navigation and searching of the channels you are interested in.

To simplify the process, kindly follow the given steps.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Using the directional pad, highlight the channel tile you wish to move.
  3. Press the Star button.
  4. Select Move channel.
  5. Move the channel using the directional pad and press the OK button.

For step-by-step assistance with the remote and mobile app search features, please visit our support page on How to use voice to search and control your Roku streaming device.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback. Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @dma550x!

We understand that you are looking for ways to access your favorite channels easily, and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We are here to assist you in any way we can. 

Please note that you have the option to move your favorite channels to the top corner of your Roku home screen for quick access. Moreover, you can effortlessly find your desired channel by using the Roku push-to-talk voice command. We also suggest downloading the Roku mobile app for easy navigation and searching of the channels you are interested in.

To simplify the process, kindly follow the given steps.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Using the directional pad, highlight the channel tile you wish to move.
  3. Press the Star button.
  4. Select Move channel.
  5. Move the channel using the directional pad and press the OK button.

For step-by-step assistance with the remote and mobile app search features, please visit our support page on How to use voice to search and control your Roku streaming device.

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback. Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dma550x
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, sorry this seems like it may have been automated but doesn’t really answer my question, which is about the deep integration of roku search into apps like Hulu.  "Watch CNN live on hulu"  or "Watch NBC live on hulu"  could jump right to those channels.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarifications, @dma550x!

We appreciate your valuable feedback and suggestions regarding the remote features. We want to inform you that the feature you are looking for may not be available at the moment. However, we would like to assure you that we are continuously working to improve our Roku services and products. We will take it into consideration for future updates and pass it along to the appropriate team.

We are grateful for your support, and thank you for being a part of the Roku community!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos