Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Re: Why was the ability to rate channels removed?

@Strega2 Exactly. There you have it. Although reviews are often stupid (you forgot the ones that give a product one star because the product was broken during delivery), they are still helpful. If almost all the one star reviews are for stupid reasons. they can be ignored. The point is, ratings without reviews are 100% pointless. They're not informative if users don't know WHY the ratings are given. 

I suspect Roku originally may have intended to begin offering ways to review apps then abandoned the idea. It is, after all, an intensive undertaking. Monitoring systems must be put in place and they are costly. Why bother with ratings anyway? 

Example: I've seen a TON of one star rated movies that were excellent watches. I've also seen a ton of five star movies that were a complete waste of my time. Tastes are subjective. Who cares what others think?

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.