Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku work in the Philippines?

Jump to solution

@jkdegawan, the Philippines is not officially supported by Roku so there will be a lot of features that don't work and channels/apps that aren't available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
edmoncu
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

You cannot add channel in the roku device. The only way to do that is to go online and signin in your account. From there you can add the disney+ channel and it will automatically install the channel in your device. Hope this helpts

i tried doing this but it just goes back to the channel store (this is on a logged-in session). it's region is en-ot
i tried browsing in incognito mode and showed disney+. the region i saw is in en-gb.
0 Kudos
edmoncu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

the Philippines is not officially supported by Roku so there will be a lot of features that don't work and channels/apps that aren't available.

that seems to mean that the roku devices being sold here with disney+ logo are illegitimate devices

0 Kudos
donunus

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

I emailed disney plus ph as well

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@edmoncu, these days you can buy anything anywhere in the world. I don't know who is selling them there, but you can bet it's' not Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
edmoncu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The store in question selling these Roku devices is Datablitz. I would suppose they need to be clear that Rokus they're selling are not officially sanctioned by Roku to support Disney+ since what you stated Roku doesn't officially support the Philippines (aka illegitimate market).

crcav

Jump to solution

same here. The only reason I bought Roku is for Disney+. Now I am having major regrets

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @crcav

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

The Philippines is not an officially supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add Disney+. 

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to expand our presence soon.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
edmoncu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Got it. Therefore, you should've recommended to use a competitor's streaming firstly like this : https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-tv-stick/

The mi tv stick runs disney plus flawlessly. Though a bit on the slow side and is on 720p, but it gets the job done.

0 Kudos
Marlowash
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

Its been 3 weeks now. I wonder if roku has already released a disney plus for philippine users

0 Kudos