Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wxman13

Re: Unable to login to DirecTV Stream

Was told the same thing wait 72hrs and it would be resolved, which I doubt, since I was told 2 nights ago someone would call me back in 2hrs, then 24hrs later I had to call them. I am a Directv Satellite customer currently , trying out Directv stream, which works great on my iphone and iPad, but I can't login to watch on my iMac or any Roku TV device I have. 

0 Kudos
Stebag432
Channel Surfer

I just got off the phone with two great Directv technical support people. The first was from DTV satellite (not sure how I got connected there first). She was adamant that should have been taken serious from their streaming group and not told a line to wait 72 hours. She also was adamant that I get the name & ID number of the person I talk to. She personally contacted someone in DTV Streaming Tech support and told them my problem after 3 calls and no results. The person I talked to confirmed that this is a known problem that both Directv Stream and Roku are working on.  However, since this is a software issue. Its resolution might take a while longer (I pressed him for a guesstimate and he suggested about a week). 

0 Kudos
Stebag432
Channel Surfer

After three weeks since I signed up for Directv Streaming. After any calls to Directv Stream technical support (on my call last week, they finally admitted that there was a problem signingn in with Roku), after trying 2-3 times/day. The sign-in FINALLY worked!!!

CHD75

Re: DirecTV sign in not working

THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING WITH MY STREAMING ACCOUNT.  WE HAVE TRIED REMOVING AND ADDING AGAIN WITH NEW PASSWORDS, ETC. ALL SORTS OF ITTERATIONS HAVE NOT WORKED TO ESTABLISH THE SERVICE WE HAVE HAD FOR YEARS.   NOTHING HAS WORKED FOR OVER A WEEK.  DIRECTV IS A NO SERVICE COMPANY - JUST CALL THEM FOR HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @CHD75

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on DIRECTV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Did you restart your Roku device before r-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mjswoop

Re: Why is DirecTV login not working on my Roku TV?

I was just informed by DTV stream that only certain Roku Models are compatible for DTV stream, sure would be nice if they gave you this info when you purchased the service. Only the X models are compatible. and looks like only Samsung and SOME vizio TVs are. 

0 Kudos
CharleyM3

I followed the suggestion of an earlier reply and solved the problem quickly. I started a free trial with a different email address unknown to DirecTV. Worked just like it was supposed to.

If you have EVER had an account with ATT or are converting from satellite service, you need to use different email address for the streaming account.

Charley

0 Kudos
sheyoke

Yes, I am having the same .  It worked when I first added Directv streaming. DirecTV says it's not them because I can still get it on my computer, but not on my TV though Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @sheyoke

Welcome to Roku Community. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. To better assist you, can you specify the issue you are facing? May we know the specific error message or behavior that you are experiencing when trying to access Directv on your Roku TV? Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as removing, restarting, and reinstalling the channel? 

Please let us know so we can provide appropriate solutions to your concern.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
EVTexas

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE SOLUTION.

Same email is linked to ATT and DIRECTV/STREAM. Once I changed the login to the ATT only I was able to login to each device. 

Originally I bought and EERO Mesh to get a quicker MBPS delivery.. no solution. I bought a new Roku 4K device.. no solution. I bought a Amazon Firestick.. no solution. 

I updated my email... and now I can log into everything no problem.

0 Kudos