Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ltdevildog

Why am I getting Britbox channel ads?

Same with me. I canceled the app because I refuse to get long- 2 minute advertisements after paying!

3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I getting Britbox channel ads?

Hi @Ltdevildog 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? How are you accessing BritBox? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone BritBox app? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunny9
Reel Rookie

Getting it through ROKU box. No ads for 3.5 mos. Then suddenly yesterday, they started popping up during a program. If it doesn’t stop, I’ll be canceling.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sunny9

Thank you for the post.

If you are seeing ads for the BritBox channel on your Roku device, it's likely that these ads are being displayed as a result of targeted advertising. This means that the ads are being shown to you based on your viewing history, preferences, and other demographic information.

Roku collects data on the channels and shows that you watch, as well as other information such as your age and location, to help target ads that are more relevant to you. If you have watched a lot of British TV shows or movies in the past, it's possible that the ads for BritBox are being targeted to you based on that.

It's also worth noting that some Roku devices and channels do come with advertisements, even if you are not using a free version of a channel. Additionally, many free channels on Roku rely on advertising revenue to support their content.

If you do not want to see ads for BritBox or other channels, you can try adjusting your advertising preferences in your Roku account settings. However, keep in mind that this may limit the availability of some content on your Roku device.
We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos