Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max_power
Reel Rookie

Why Amazon music didnt show on Roku Ultra in Canada

I Have a new Roku Ultra model 4802CA and I try to install Amazon Music but it didnt show in the search.

It not like its nnot available in Canada either, I have a Firestick, and it work fine on it

Can somebody tell me why?

All my search here tell me it should work

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why Amazon music didnt show on Roku Ultra in Canada

Amazon hasn't made the channel available in Canada on Roku devices. They are the ones that have to enable it. That's not something Roku controls. Only the channel provider can control where a channel is available. 

You need to talk with Amazon about it. And don't accept their response that it's available in Canada. Make sure they understand that Amazon hasn't enabled it for Canada yet specifically for Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
max_power
Reel Rookie

I contact them and this what they have awnswer:

''I'm checking the information and I don't see any compatibility for that model''....

''At this moment is not compatible with that model, I can send the feedback to our developer team so we can evaluate the option to included that model as compatible device in the future.''

Is this was a load of ..... or the model is really too new for them?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

That's Amazon saying (in very unclear wording) that they haven't approved the 4802 as a device that can be used in Canada for that app/channel. The channel developer (Amazon in this case) has complete control over not only where their channel can be used, but on what devices as well.

The Roku wiki doesn't list the 4802 yet, but I believe it was released about the same time as the 4801 (a Walmart exclusive version with some differences), and that would be about a year ago. So it's not that new of a player, and Amazon should have gotten around to supporting it by now. Unless they're going to be like the BBC in the UK and only permit very specific devices to work with their channel. But that's their right as the channel provider, and Roku can't alter that setting in the Channel Store.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
max_power
Reel Rookie

In their press release, Roku seem to have lunch this model only 2 months ago in Canada, so its seem plausible that Amazon didnt have update their things on their side:

https://newsroom.roku.com/en-ca/news/2022/09/roku-brings-roku-ultra-its-most-powerful-streaming-play...

It just seem weird to me the the flagship model of Roku will be put aside.

Did this model work with amazon music in the US?

Did the other roku like the Roku Stick work in Canada with Amazon Music?

0 Kudos