Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizajules

Row8 rentals always have garbled sound

I am very disappointed in both movie rentals I got on Row8. The trailers always have perfect sound then the movie I rent has garbled sound throughout! It is the only Roku channel that I have has sound issues on.

7 REPLIES 7
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Row8 rentals always have garbled sound

Try restarting your Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) or setting audio to stereo (Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM-Stereo).

0 Kudos
TechPro

You need to update your Roku to the latest software version (in Roku Settings). This will resolve the audio issue.

0 Kudos
Jbrian

I've gotten updated software and it did not fix audio garble issue

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jbrian,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play in the Row8 channel that is experiencing an audio issue. Are you using a Roku player or Roku TV? In addition, can you please provide the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MasterJohnWick
Reel Rookie

I think I found a fix for the sound problem with ROW8 and Roku. On Jan 30, 2022 I tried to rent the new 'Dune' movie and got a constant low screech/ thumping audio in the background and thought it was part of the film; no it was an audio problem specific with Roku ( I checked ROW8 and they are aware of audio problems with their movies and Roku). 

They have a guarantee within first 30 minutes if not satisfied with your Rental you can substitute/ replace with another film, so I replaced with 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' - still an audio problem so I just fiddled around with Roku's audio - click 'star button' on Roku - Options - 'Volume Mode' ( is usually set on 'Leveling') - so I switched it to 'Off'  = it worked for me.  Smiley Very Happy

My Roku - Roku Express 4K + 2021   #3941X/ or R (Roku Unit says X - Box says R)

If Roku can replicate and verify; send me an email. A little 'reward' would be nice? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos

I am having same problems. We have updated Roku System and having sound problems only on Row8! No problems on any other station. Currently watching The Minute You Wake Up Dead. It's awful!!!! Keep having to stop and start movie. We watched Don't Worry Darling and had same issue. We want our money back. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cpsparks333

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Row8 directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Row8 channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos