Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jericho941
Channel Surfer

Weather Nation not loading

for some reason WeatherNation stop working, anyone else seeing  this? It works on the Amazon FireStick but no longer on my Roku, I even did a factory reset with the same result. the channel is there but won't load

56 REPLIES 56
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Re: Weather Nation not loading

When I launch it, it merely displays the WeatherNation title on a blue background and hangs there.

Is that the same problem you're experiencing?

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
Tags (2)
Jericho941
Channel Surfer

yes, that's it, I had issues with SlingTV a few weeks ago with the DVR not responding correctly with fast forward and pause so now this. I since them dumped SlingTV for other reasons but would like to see Weather Nation working

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jericho941 @Williamt100

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

turquoise

Re: Weathernation New App on Roku

baloney. where is a ROKU person? Yes there is a **bleep**ing window, but that's it.

Jericho941
Channel Surfer

did that first and then did a factory reset.   I removed the again (after factory reset) as per your request and reinstalled the channel with reboot and still not working...

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jericho941

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Jericho941
Channel Surfer

Its definitely a Roku issue, specifically a Roku 3 issue in my case. We have two Roku 3’s and it fails on both. I should have did this first but I have a Roku Express which is working. I tested it on the Express and soon as a selected the Weather Nation channel on the Express it came up asked for my location, I believe when a new WN build comes out it resets to defaults and you have to re-enter you locations. I re-entered my location and it works perfectly on the Roku Express. So it works with the Express and FireStick but not the Roku 3, maybe time for a new firmware release for the 3’s  

loue

I've done this on 2 Roku Ultras and it still doesn't open. This just started this past week.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Weathernation New App on Roku

Hello @turquoise

Thanks for posting here in Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Kindly provide specific details about the issue you are seeing, like steps to reproduce the issue. If you can, send us a screenshot of the problem occurring.  

Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos