Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into a paid channcle

After getting a subscription off the Roku app example I just got Starz how do I log into Starz? What would my email and password be. I tri d my Roku info and didn't work

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Logging into a paid channcle

In general, if you subscribe to something through Roku you can only use that subscription on a Roku device.  In addition, if you subscribe to something within "The Roku Channel" you can only use that subscription within "The Roku Channel".  You also don't ever need to enter your credentials once you subscribe through Roku on a Roku device linked to the same Roku account, so what exactly are you trying to do?  If you're trying to log into Starz on its website you can try using the email address associated with your Roku account and the "forgot password" option.  This works for some services to get you a login you can use anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Similar problem here. I paid for a monthly subscription on the Acorn app on my Roku TV and the app won't let me watch anything. I'm getting an error message when I try to watch a show that says I already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials I used when I subscribed to Sign In. Uh, I did. And I tried signing out and signing back in, too. And restarting the TV. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Aspensprite 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Acorn channel.

If you subscribed to Acorn through Roku Pay, have you already tried accessing Acorn from within The Roku Channel, as opposed to directly through the channel?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist further if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.